Sunday, September 16, 2018

Beggar's Canyon Forums

Beggar's Canyon Forums is an old school forum that concerns itself with 1990's Star Wars (I think it is 1998 and before).  It started off fairly quickly, but at this point seems to be stalling out. Since opening to the public on July 3, 2018 it has 24 members, 69 threads and 508 posts. 

For a forum to grow the Admin (who is not identified by title on the forum) needs to invest in the forum along with a few founding members, but there is no real sign that this is being done. At least three people should step up to at least 2-3 posts per day and a couple of more people step to average 1 a day posting. But it also needs some interesting threads started and then get the word out about it. IMO the forum could use a little reorganization and be updated to show more focus and to made more inviting.

Now I will admit that I am not a Star Wars fan and I find it to be so so to begin with and that is talking about the original trilogy which is by far the best of the lot.

So I may be, being too critical and we'll see what it does over the next year or two. I hope it succeeds and I wish them the best of luck.

1 comment: