Monday, September 17, 2018

Frog God Games Forum

Now for the last of the 1st level Gnatweight forums

The Frog God Games Forum was founded around Oct 2013 or so it appears. They currently have 687 threads, 4374 posts  and the number of members is unknown. Posting is infrequent and it does not have the look or feel of support from its host. For me this is another head scratcher.

I would make some comments but forum members covered that base back in 2013 saying in the thread Whoo hoo! We have forums!
... but these forums are jarringly non-standard. Such low information density. They don't resize horizontally; my wide browser window dwarfs the width of the tables. The links on the left look like they might apply to the forum, but they don't. No search capability that I can see. And as I see the preview of this post, I see none of the returns/spacing I put in. :(
My heart weeps at the wasted potential. Compare to the old Necromancer forums, the old Swords & Wizardry forums, Dragonsfoot, ENWorld, rpg.net, therpgsite, TLG, K&KA, odd74, Acaeum, etc. There are good reasons those other fora use a more tried-and-true formula/layout/engine.
I cross my fingers that you can make these better! I _really_ want to post on a vital, energetic S&W forum again!
and
While I really like finally having a Frog God forum, I agree with what ________ said.
I also, don't like the layout of the "All Products" page. I realize that it's an alphabetical listing of all products, but I think you should have categories for products like they do on Paizo.
I can see a lot of potential in this site, but right now it feels very disorganized.
It is still non-standard with low information density and a forum that only occupies about a third of my monitor width. I have to agree wasted potential. And I would add that the forum has a washed out unexciting look. Frog God Games, you can do much better than this and IMO you should do much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment