Thursday, September 13, 2018

Chirinebakal Forum

Chirine ba kal started a new forum Chirinebakal and it is focused solely on Tékumel and The World of the Petal Throne. Chirine ba kal is the most knowledgeable living expert on Tékumel.  This new forum was founded on August 8, 2018.

See these posts over at  Chirine ba kal's blog (chirine's workbench).

And So It Begins - My Tekumel Campaign, Restarted - Saturday, August 11th, 2018 - The Weekly UpdateI'm also spinning up the meta-campaign, getting all of Phil's NPCs and PCs sorted using my copy of his 1,500+ index cards; it's a lot easier to be running Tony Bath's campaign rules like Phil did on the computer, where one can simply push the 'GO!' button every month and watch the mayhem occur. I got the meta-campaign back up to speed manually in June, for 'Free RPG Day', and the thing runs itself like it always did - adding Dave Arneson's merchant shipping sub-routine was a snap, and I'll look forward to seeing what adventures that generates.
To help with the communications with the players and spectators, as well as relieve some issues with server congestion, I've established a new forum:
chirinebakal.proboards.com
I find that I really like the 'question and answer' format, and this blog does not seem to be a very good platform for that kind of thing. The 'Questioning Chirine ba Kal' threads seemed to be pretty popular, as these things go, but at 911 pages, 9,098 posts, and over 911,967 views the thing was actually slowing down the RPGsite server. So, if you have any questions about what I do, or what we did out at Phil's from 1976 to 1988, please feel free to drop by and join in. 
The Thing Has Legs! - Friday, August 24th, 2018 - The (Delayed) Weekly Update
The new forum, chirinebakal.proboards.com/ , has really taken off and really helped reduce my workload. I'm using the forum to run the day-to-day questions and answers that I get; this blog will continue, and serve as the platform for more in-depth and philosophical musings. As my work week is pretty fixed and stable, it looks like my Saturdays will normally be my 'domestic chores' day and Sundays will be my 'gaming day' - with a lot of writing thrown in. The new game group will be meeting on the Fourth Sunday of each month, in the evening, and that means I'll be back to a regular schedule of working like a fiend between game sessions on miniatures and doing a lot more writing. I used to do this with the old campaign, but on a two-week turnaround cycle, and those were some of the most productive years of my life. 
Dear Phil: You Are Not Going to Believe This! - The Weekly Update - Monday, September 3rd, 2018
I'll be continuing this blog, as a way of talking about the more complex and recondite subjects - I still have to get our version of Gary's 'Appendix N' up, as an example, but I think you'll be both happy and amazed that people looking in at this little confection about the games we played have tripled; I came back from Alabama to find that we'd had over 650 hits on that Sunday, and we're still over 200 a day.
The threads on the RPGsite forum, I should mention, collected over 910,000 views in the two years we were on there, and went to something like 900 pages of posts and replies.
The new Proboards.com forum, chirinebakal.proboards.com/ , has really taken off; in the month that it's been up, we've been getting an average of over 500 'views' a day, and almost forty people have become members on the forum. I'm amazed by that, as it's all been by word-of-mouth, and I think it shows that your creation still has the power to amaze and fascinate people. I am, I think, pretty sure it isn't my doing, as I think that the excellence of your work speaks for itself and is what is carrying us along.
This new forum  is off to a running start and I expect it to be very successful. In 36 days this forum has 663 posts, 57 threads and 41 members with no advertising outside chirine's blog.  I expect that this forum will level up from a 1st level forum to a 2nd level forum by the end of March 2019. I may do more of a review at that time, but right now it is looking very good.

So I don't have any suggestions for this forum other than this, if anyone is disruptive, don't hesitate, just ban them.

No comments:

Post a Comment